#god #faith #bible #verse #serve #kindness #forgive #happy #honest #thankful
Ten Daily Reminders
1. Show gratitude daily. Look at the world with wide-eyed wonder and appreciate the places where goodness and grace abound. Bundle words of thanks as a gift to those you love. Offer a song of praise in both the easy and hard places. (Colossians 3:17)
2. Be honest. Know your weaknesses and trust God to bridge the gaps. Recognize your gifts and talents, not your own ability. Be eager to receive in love when truth is spoken to you. Wrap the feedback you give in tenderness. (Colossians 3:9-10)
3. Take responsibility. Look in the mirror, not out of the window when things go wrong. Be quick to apologize and seek forgiveness. Own what do and do well what you own. (2 Peter 1:10)
4. Choose contentment. Focus on where you are right now and be anxious for nothing. Carry the burden for those that have less and celebrate those that have more. Accept that the season you are in as exactly where God wants you to be. (Philippians 4:6-7)
5. Affirm others. Share the good you see in others that they may not be able to see in themselves. Value people and let them know they matter to you. Create new possibilities and always believe the best. (Philippians 1:3,27)
6. Move in quiet confidence. Embrace the mercy and grace allotted for you each day, and then give them both away. Know there’s not a mistake you can make that God hasn’t already covered. Remember that same grace covers your neighbor, too.(Isaiah 43:2)
7. Be forgiving. Forgive offenses as soon as they happen. Expect nothing and give everything, no matter how much the world thinks you’ve been wronged. Strive to understand before you’re understood. (Colossians 3:13)
8. Live to serve. Be quick to help, even when it’s not convenient. Offer your best to improve someone’s ideas or situation and ‘gift’ him or her the credit for it. Make following first be the way you lead. Do everything you do all for Him. (Colossians 3:23,24)
9. Be teachable. Keep your heart wide open. Admit what you don’t know and allow people to pour into your life. Let all you learn bless and be a blessing to others. (Jeremiah 33:3)
10. Extend kindness. Approach each day with gentleness and generousity. Find unexpected ways to surprise and bring delight. Give in secret what only you can give. (Romans 12:10,11,13)
Had five separate discussions about God today, and they were all amazing :). I love connecting with people through conversations about God. I was talking to this one girl today who came to small group (bible study) for the first time. Her mom is Christian but her dad is Muslim so she’s been confused a lot. But the fact that she chose to check out small group and stayed several hours after to find more information about other prayer groups and the like…IT’S ALL THE GOOD WORK OF GOD!
I also had such a passionate convo with my school friend about how no matter how perfect we think our plans for ourselves are, they will NEVER be as perfect as God’s plans for us. Side note: fellowship is ahhhhhhhmazzzing*
ALSO, another testimony about how AMAZING God is: on Tuesday, as a christian club, we all prayed for a recently turned Christian who so badly wanted to go to an upcoming retreat but did not have permission from her Hindu parents. That very night, her parents consented, and she signed up immediately for the retreat on the evangelism track.
There’s constantly so much to be thankful for. I realize that my prayers are getting longer and longer every day because I am constantly discovering more things I am thankful for! God is good, all the time!#god #faith #trust #prayer #bible #good #perfect #plan #fellowship #IVCF
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; 2 in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. 3 No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
14 But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.”
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.#trust #god #bible #verse #believe #faith #lord #lean #joy #peace #hope #power #love
I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.
It’s amazing how no matter how much we plan for our own future well being, it will never be as perfect as what God has already planned for us. The door of something I’ve been preparing for since April 2012 (!) was recently ‘closed’ and I had to abandon my plan. As soon as this door shut, however, I was immediately given amazing notice of something else—a new opportunity. And a few days after that, ANOTHER door opened up for me! All of these new things are things I would not be able to handle on top of my original plan.
It’s the most amazing and reassuring comfort that God has his best interest in me, and He has the perfect blueprint for my future. With Him, I know I can achieve much more than any humanly thought-out plan. It’s so easy to put all of my trust in Him :)…do you?#bible #god #revelation #opportunity #strength #future #plan #perfect #comfort #trust
#philippians #bible #jesus #rejoice #strength #live #power #help
1:18-19 …Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.
1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
2:1-3 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.
3:13-14 …Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
3:18-20 For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. BUT OUR CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN.
4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.